It’s an entertaining season with football coming up and beautiful weather across the country. Whether you are having a party or just hanging out with your family, a great outdoor spot provides a fun place to gather.
You don’t need a huge yard to create the perfect place, just a spot for seating and a grilling area that works for you.
Here are a few tips to create an outdoor entertaining area:
- Create an outdoor kitchen: An outdoor kitchen doesn't have to be costly or hardscaped into your backyard. Built-in grills are nice, but if it isn’t in your budget there are options. Freestanding outdoor carts, islands or even cabinets suitable for seasonal elements can work. Check out local hardware or patio stores to see what you can find. All you need is a grill and a place for some prep work and a serving area.
- Add smokers or a pizza oven: If you are really a grill or outdoor entertaining enthusiast, consider a smoker or a pizza oven. Nothing beats smoked ribs or chicken wings when it’s football season! Tailgate right in your backyard. Serve pizza, too! You would be surprised at the affordable options for pizza ovens. Some are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Kids birthday parties are elevated when they can make their own in your backyard. Smokers and pizza ovens are available for most every budget.
- Make sure there is ample seating: Furniture doesn’t have to be expensive either. All you need is a table, any type of outdoor chairs or benches. Get creative! Do it yourself using low-cost concrete blocks dry-stacked and covered with a long cushion built along the wall of the home or another wall on your patio. Add some pillows and you have easy DIY seating. If your home is new and you haven’t had a chance to buy furniture, ask family and friends to bring folding chairs. If you’re serving dinner, they won’t mind!
- Keep your grill cleaned: Regular cleaning will keep your grill ready to go and further the life of the grill. Make sure to buy a cover for the grill – they are inexpensive and can be found at hardware stores. Grills come with cleaning instructions so make sure to keep them so you know the best way to maintain them.
- Plants and lighting: Add pots of pretty flowers, herbs or bushes. Herbs such as basil, rosemary or thyme are delicious added to most anything you grill. Add some lights to drape across the patio or flameless candles on tables are nice too. Plants and lights easily and affordably make your space look pretty and designed.
Enjoy the great outdoors in your home with your friends and family!
Wanting a larger outdoor renovation project? Call Angel Oak Home Loans and find out about a cash-out refinance using your equity to add value to your home.